1. With our central banker, lowering rates – even planning to go negative – in order to stimulate exports it makes it easier to afford larger and larger mortgages.
As a result CMHC will be ordered to tighten rules more and more for investors.
It is already dramatically more difficult to get approved for an investment mortgage – rental income are less and less counted and if you do not have other employment income you likely will be refused.
- Banks will focus more and more on home owners – giving them more and more money
- Banks will get tighter and tighter for investment type mortgages
- ANYONE THAT HAS A INVESTMENT MORTGAGE COMING DUE … START GETTING IT APPROVED NEW AND GO LONG!!!
Don’t worry about interest rates, worry about being approved – even for renewal.
2. The January 29-30 World Outlook Conference will be a fabulous real estate afternoon
- Ozzie’s outlook prediction (since 1996 Ozzie said buy buy buy Vancouver). Buy real estate … but also what cities to pick, what suburbs – same with US since 2011 – he will give his outlook for 2016 here
- Educating our attendees about the benefits of having real estate as part of their investment portfolio – AND creating time to meet directly with interested retail investors. The agenda will include keynote speakers, panel discussions AND a limited number of breakout WORKSHOPS available to presenting exhibitors.