QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS PROXY PAPER MAY COVER EMPTY HOME TAX VICTORIA HAS AN AGENT FOR EVERY MLS LISTING WINNIPEG APPEARS BEST HOPE FOR PRAIRIE LANDLORDS VANCOUVER CHARACTER HOME PLAN COULD REDUCE HOUSING STOCK AND REDUCE HOUSING VALUES DOWNTOWN CALGARY HAS 230 ACRES OF EMPTY OFFICES "SQUEEZED" TRAILER PARK OWNERS EYE EXIT AS TAXES SOAR, RENTS CAPPED POWELL RIVER POST AMONG HIGHEST SALES INCREASE IN B.C.
QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS A NUMBERS ROMP – FROM TORONTO TO KELOWNA LANDLORDS SHOULD CHEER RISING CONDO PRICES PAPERWORK TO BE SENT FOR VANCOUVER VACANCY TAX CLOSE UP VANCOUVER DETACHED MARKET COMMERCIAL; PLAY HARDBALL IN LEASE TALKS OPTIONS WHEN SELLING BUSINESS WITH REAL ESTATE
- Sales higher in Toronto (+18%) Calgary (+20%) and Edmonton
- Sales lower in Vancouver (-31%), Fraser Valley and Victoria (-17%)
- Toronto sales of 12,077 are more than Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton, Victoria and Kelowna (10,751) together
- Average prices higher ALL CITIES, down in Vancouver
- Alberta jobs higher in March (highest percentage increase in Canada)
- SF homes and condo sales have decoupled in the Lower Mainland
Normal General rules
Sales higher, listings lower = prices higher later
Sales lower, listings higher = prices lower
NOW in Vancouver – THE NEW NORMAL:
Sales lower and listings lower … prices hanging in there
- Last March/April sales were at all-time highs. Likely, we are […]
- $214,900 – 2 bed, 1 bath condo across the street from Departure Bay Beach. Rentals allowed;
- $579,900 – 5 bed, 3 bath, 2-year-old home including a 2 bedroom suite in central Nanaimo. RV parking, Detached shop;
- $399,900 – 11 acre parcel of land located in Chase River area of Nanaimo. Drilled well and a private road. Zoned agricultural;
- Beaver Valley, 40 km northeast of Williams Lake, 160 acres lakefront with 1400 metres of lake frontage, $498,000.
QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS THE NUMBERS, THE NUMBERS – VANCOUVER RED Talk speakers puts housing “crisis” in proportion VANCOUVER RENTS “REASONABLE” ON GLOBAL SCALE METRO LAND SALES POINT TO HIGHER CONDO, RENTAL PRICES FOREIGN-BUYER TAX IMPACT EXPECTED TO WANE FIRST-TIME AID MAY JUST PULL BUYERS FORWARD SURREY CENTRE STRATA OFFICES QUIETLY AVAILABLE TO INVESTORS BC LANDLORDS WARNED ABOUT GROW-OP SURGE SASKATCHEWAN LANDLORDS FEAR TENANT DEFAULTS
- List price $529,900,
- 5 bed, 3 bath,
- 2 suites,
- 4 days on the market,
- Current rent $2,295 plus utilities (1 tenant at $1,295 could be increased to $1,600 and lower suite at $1,000),
- Well maintained, fully contained separate suites,
- Walking distance to downtown Mission,
- Close to West Coast Express commuter train.
MULTIPLE OFFFERS ARE BACK – ARRGH! B.C.’S FIRST-TIME BUYER INCENTIVE – NOVICES ARE FINDING AND BUYING HOMES WITH AN AVERAGE OF $9,720 DOWN CCA: DON’T THINK CHANGE ISN’T COMING – Hints and concerns from the 2017 federal budget METRO’S APARTMENT BUILDING MARKET STUMBLES – Sales slip in a market priced to perfection “YIMBY” SHOUT-OUT REACHES VANCOUVER – San Francisco activists protest for more density NEW YMCA COMING TO SURREY CITY CENTRE
NO SUBJECT OFFERS – A SCOURGE DOWNSIZING TO A HOUSE – RISING STRATA PRICES MAY MAKE IT POSSIBLE MARKETS ARE HEATING UP – MULTIPLE OFFERS APPEAR AGAIN IN THE VALLEY LARK IS MAKING SURREY STRATA COMMERCIAL SING BC NDP WANT TO MAKE FOREIGN TAX RETROACTIVE TO WAY BACK NORTH VAN CITY TO OK 3 HOMES ON ONE LOT SMALL STRIPS BEST BET FOR RETAIL INVESTORS CONDO MARKETS ARE RISING INTO SPRING – PRICES ARE MOVING UP
The Trudeau Liberals announced that you now have to report the sale of your home on your income tax return. Up until now when you sold your ‘primary residence’, you didn’t have to pay any taxes on the money you may have made as profit.
Vacant lot: 1/3rd acre $49,000
Mansion: 4,157 sq feet $1,479 mill
Cottage: TLC $185,000