THIS WEEK’S FACTS BY EMAIL: QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS STOCK MARKET EFFECT ON REAL ESTATE MEXICO INVESTMENT REVISITED BUYING WITHOUT SUBJECTS BUT STILL MUST SELL HOUSE? RBC SAYS: NO HOUSING REVERSAL … EVEN ALTA WILL LOOK GOOD IN 2016 GIFT YOUR DOWN PAYMENT HOT PROPERTIES BEST RATES
1. Surrey Foreclosure – 2 bedroom in Guildford, $138,800
2. Windsor, Ont., renovated 3 bedroom in sought after neighbourhood. Great tenants paying $800/month + utilities. Updates include: roof, paint, ceramic tiles, kitchen cabinets, windows, and laminate flooring. Price:$92,500.
There are of course a lot of ways where we could lose money … but the big three are:
- Buying the wrong product
- Not understanding the system/jurisdiction you are in
- Buying without subject when you have not sold your current house yet.
For instance, if you had bought a regular condo (unlimited personal use) in 1998 in Whistler you would have seen values overall double, but had you bought a Phase 2 (limited personal use) condo … you would be just even. BUT, had you bought a quarter share you lost 40% or so and had you bought a hotel unit you lost 60% and more.
QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS HARRY DENT SAYS VANCOUVER IS THE BIGGEST BUBBLE IN HISTORY CMHC DISAGREES BUT WARNS ABOUT TORONTO FINANCING A PAST GROW-OP HOT PROPERTIES BEST RATES
1. Vancouver, 5 suites in 2 houses on a double (6400 square foot) lot in the Mount Pleasant part of East Vancouver. We have owned the property for 10 years and have steadily increased the rents. They currently gross $89,000 per year and we are looking at raising rents for 3 of the 5 suites on September 1st.
The cap rate is 4%. Price $1,688,000.
2. Chilliwack, 2 bedroom townhouse in Chilliwack $179,900. Rent is $1,200 – leaving a positive monthly cash flow of $285.
There are a lot of doomers out there about the Canadian housing market. First, there was Deutsche Bank as well as our Central Banker Poloz that saw us 30% overvalued. Now CMHC is raising a warning finger.
In fact CMHC in its quarterly house price and analysis and assessment of 15 markets says Toronto, Winnipeg and Regina are all now considered high-risk markets. But unlike Poloz, CMHC says Vancouver is ok … but Toronto, Regina and Winnipeg are at HIGH RISK!
Add to this that high profile demographer Harry Dent says Vancouver is the single most bubbly city on the planet.
What does Ozzie think? Subscribe to […]
QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS VANCOUVER, FRASER VALLEY, EDMONTON NUMBERS HOT PROPERTIES TITLE INSURANCE - WHAT IS IT? RANCHLAND HOT PROPERTIES BEST RATES
Farm and Land Deals BC
1. Alexis Creek, 320 Acres on two titles with year-round creek, 2 Lots/ 2 titles, $89,000 CAD. (Priced to be SOLD!)
2. 40 Acres Prime Hunting and Fishing real estate with 1300 sq ft building envelope, 150 Mile House, year-round maintained road access $98,000 CAD
3. Ross Meadow Ranch, West of Williams Lake. Great investment in Ranchland, $299,000 CAD. (445 Acres)
Investors are always searching for profit or yield, but how do you know what actual cash flow there comes out of a given property? Well, Real Estate investors – small and large – use what they call a cap rate to find the true net income. But to find that elusive rate is one of most difficult and perplexing problems for realtors and investors. Market comparables are often hard to find and the income and expense statements often only a wild dream by the owner.
Comparables for an older apartment building may also be harder to come by – not as easy as […]
QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS VANCOUVER PRICES TO COLLAPSE BY 40%? - TD BANK HOT PROPERTIES ISLANDS IN THE SUN - WATCH IT! HOWE SOUND ISLANDS THE NORTH GETS MONEY CALGARY JULY - NOT REALLY THAT BAD