Vancouver is not the second least affordable place on the planet to buy a home, not even close, according to researcher and blogger Ng Weng Hoong (email@example.com) who has lashed out at the “urban myths” surrounding Vancouver’s housing market which he says a spoon-fed media continually parrots.
Hoong says the media relies on the annual Demographia survey. Its 2016 report was released last week, saying Vancouver was the “third least affordable” city in the world.
Horsefeathers, says Hoong, claiming Demographia is simply wrong and uses shallow data, since, while it purports to be global survey, it only looks at nine countries.
Hoong points out that Demographia ranks Hamilton, Ontario and Singapore as equal in affordability, number 89 on its 2015 list – WHICH […]
1. Gilbert, Phoenix 3 bed, 2 bath, 2 car garage, 1400 sq ft. new appliances, freshly painted inside and out. Large lot, nice pool.
Nice neighbourhood with top rated schools. Close to shopping & Hwy 60 and Loop 202. Good tenants in place. Rented for $1250 / Price: $215,000. More info
2. Foreclosure in Surrey at Glencoe Estates 1550 sq ft, 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, pet and rental friendly, indoor pool, close to bus and shopping, solid complex. $216,900.00.
(Recent sale – January 2016 for $286,000.00 in 12 days)
3. Nanaimo 3 bedroom home, renovated roof and bath, lane access $209,000
1. Kimberley, duplex on the ski hill, 3 minutes to quad chair. 1-2 bedroom plus loft and one 2 bedroom unit. 2 furnaces, 2 hot water tanks, 4 baths, 2 hot tubs, double garage. Separate titles. Fully furnished. Could easily be nightly rental with huge income. Now rented on lease: $2,250 income. Price: $429,000;
A sharp reversal in Hong Kong home sales. Condos down 20%. Some panic selling (South China Morning Post).
Further, the local Centaline Property Agency estimates that total Hong Kong property transactions in January were the worst month since 1991, when it started compiling monthly figures. In other words, the biggest drop in recorded history!
A sale of a big condo project site in Hong Kong last week shows what is going on. The site sold for HK$1,848 per square foot (that is around $328 per square foot Canadian).
“I think most surveyors dropped their eye glasses after reading the sales outcome,” Victor Lai Kin-fai, chief executive of consultancy Centaline Professionals of HK […]
Gilbert, Phoenix 3 bed, 2 bath, 2 car garage, 1400 sq ft. new appliances, freshly painted inside and out. Large lot, nice pool.
Nice neighbourhood with top rated schools. Close to shopping & Hwy 60 and Loop 202. Good Tenants in place. Rented for $1250/ Price: $215,000
VICTORIA STARTING TO BURN FRONTLINE DISPATCHES FROM THE MOTHER OF ALL HOUSING BOOMS NEW PRICE RECORD SET FOR 33' LOT IN KITSILANO FOREIGN BUYER MISCUE SHOWS DANGER OF FAST MARKET NEW $740,000 CONDOS NOW "AFFORDABLE" VACANT OFFICE TOWERS SHOW LOCATION NOT ENOUGH VANCOUVER FLIPPERS: HAVE YOUR MORTGAGE BROKER ON SPEED DIAL U.S. HOME BUYERS UNDERESTIMATE EQUITY BUYING WITH A TENANT ALREADY IN PLACE
AGM- Billy Barker Casino Hotel- 308 McLean Street, Quesnel
Friday, March 11th
12:30 -3:30 pm
Ozzie Jurock will deliver a 3-hour presentation covering two topics:
1. A Motivational Session – The Foundation of all Personal Success: Why multi-tasking does not work – getting yourself into action.
2. A Keynote Presentation – Economy, Real Estate, and our Industry in it.
Ozzie Jurock will be speaking this Friday at the Philippines Canada Trade Council Speaker Series in Vancouver.
When: Friday, February 26, 2016 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Facility: Hilton Vancouver Metrotown – Baccarat Room
Location: 6083 McKay Ave, Vancouver BC V5H 2W7
www.pctc.ca/jurock for tickets and to register.